In the previous articles we discussed about Nagios 3.0 Jumpstart guide and How to monitor remote Linux host using Nagios 3.0. In this article, l’ll explain how to monitor remote windows machine and the various service running on the windows server using nagios monitoring server. Following three sections are covered in this article.
II. 4 steps to install nagios on remote windows host
- Install NSClient++ on the remote windows server
- Modify the NSClient++ Service
- Modify the NSC.ini
- Start the NSClient++ Service
III. 6 configuration steps on nagios monitoring server
- Verify check_nt command and windows-server template
- Uncomment windows.cfg in /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
- Modify /usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/windows.cfg
- Define windows services that should be monitored.
- Enable Password Protection
- Verify Configuration and Restart Nagios.